Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy House of Prayer No. 2: A Writer's Journey Home? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on House of Prayer No. 2: A Writer's Journey Home. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
House of Prayer No. 2: A Writer's Journey Home ReviewI have to admit that when I bought and read this book, I had no idea it was a memoir*. The writing is undoubtedly quirky; the story almost too incredible to be believed. And yet, this is unquestionably one of the best books I've ever read.This is the story of the author, Mark Richard, and his life from his challenging childhood as a young boy in the South about whom a doctor says, "he will be in a wheelchair by the time he is thirty". Richard is obviously a precocious child, deemed 'special' in the parlance of the day. It is never clear to Richard or his family whether this is a compliment or an insult. The book follows his unusual path to becoming a writer, husband, and father. Further, as the title indicates, it is a documentation of his spiritual journey; somehow Richard manages this aspect of the tale without becoming overbearing or preachy about it.
I do hate to use a cliché, but I absolutely devoured this book. I was thinking about it when I wasn't actually reading it. It's a unique story, but yet it contains many universal issues about finding your path and your purpose in life--but don't let that fool you. This book is flat-out entertaining.
If I could give more than five stars I would. I give this a huge recommend for all audiences. Don't let the spiritual journey deter you if you are not a particularly spiritual person; this is rip-roaring story that anyone might enjoy. Don't let the earthy anecdotes deter you if you are a particulary spiritual person; Richard is a human being who like anyone else makes some mistakes. Put this at the top of your reading list.
*This often happens to me with Kindle books as there is no cover to look at, and by the time I get to a book I often forget why I ordered it in the first place.
House of Prayer No. 2: A Writer's Journey Home Overview
Want to learn more information about House of Prayer No. 2: A Writer's Journey Home?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment