In Search of Burningbush: A Story of Golf, Friendship and the Meaning of Irons Review

In Search of Burningbush: A Story of Golf, Friendship and the Meaning of Irons
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy In Search of Burningbush: A Story of Golf, Friendship and the Meaning of Irons? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on In Search of Burningbush: A Story of Golf, Friendship and the Meaning of Irons. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

In Search of Burningbush: A Story of Golf, Friendship and the Meaning of Irons ReviewI just finished In Search of Burningbush and felt compelled to write. The author's true voice and passion for golf come through in every chapter, and many of the passages describing the Scottish links and countryside are simply beautiful.
I was also drawn to the spiritual aspects of the author's quest as I am in a mid-life search for my "Burningbush". In Hinduism, I have read, the main thrust of the belief system is that people think they want certain things such as pleasure and worldly success. But ultimately, in this life or another, even noble life pursuits become unfulfilling. What people really want is something else - infinite being, infinite awareness, and infinite bliss. We can only get brief spatterings of true joy; we feel as though some great harmony exists in the world, then our bodily limitations take over.
Golf is like that. We feel the sensation of perfect body and soul in a golf shot, but then it is instantly extinguished as we remember the double bogey on the last hole. I wish the feeling would last forever. As I read this book, I sensed the same longing. I think what many of us are looking for is there, just past our conscious selves. When our bodies are quiet and our minds are still, the door opens for an instant. In that instant is an eternity that we simply cannot comprehend.
As I write this review, I am looking at a picture of the Old Course at St. Andrews hanging on the wall of my den. I bought the picture many years ago because it looked like a great den picture. But now, after reading In Search of Burningbush, I think something else may have drawn me to that picture - a type of "connection" I am sure Don (the main character in the book) would say. Someday I hope to play the Old Course and discover, if only for an instant, the metaphysical connection explored so beautifully in this book.In Search of Burningbush: A Story of Golf, Friendship and the Meaning of Irons Overview

Want to learn more information about In Search of Burningbush: A Story of Golf, Friendship and the Meaning of Irons?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment