Dark Inside Review

Dark Inside
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Dark Inside? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Dark Inside. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Dark Inside ReviewThere are so many good books out there. Books that make me laugh, that make me think, that scare me, and many that I recommend to friends. It is a rare thing, in my mind, to uncover a GREAT book. A novel that makes me sit up and take note. For me, Dark Inside (by Jeyn Roberts) is one of those rare finds. It's been a long, long time - probably since I first read the Hunger Games books, that I would have run out to buy the next book had there been one. I sat around wanting to read more, hours later finding my mind back inside that world, with those characters, that fascinated and horrified me.
Goodreads describes it as 28 Days Later meets The Road, and it is a novel about the apocalypse, but one unlike any other that has passed through my hands this past year. This one isn't due to something supernatural, something paranormal, or anything too hard to believe. It's caused when those dark recesses of humanity, the ones we suppress and beat back, rise up and take over.
As a historian, this concept fascinates me. The author alludes to this being the driving force behind the fall of every great civilization, and there's something to that. Most great cultures have shown marked disintegration of their collective morality during the centuries leading up to their undoing.
I won't tell you anything more specific, because this is a beautiful, philosophical, thought-provoking story. Peeling away the layers will be more satisfying when you jam them under your own fingernails. I will say this: the characters are REAL. They're flawed, they do bad things, and they struggle with not giving into the darkness themselves. There are four POV characters, all of whom I felt connected to (some more than others, of course) but any of their deaths would have devastated me. There is a fifth POV, a character known as Nothing, who is slipping back and forth between the darkness trying to claim his soul and the tattered remains of his humanity, and that character tells us so much in his broken, anonymous words.Dark Inside Overview

Want to learn more information about Dark Inside?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment